Every year, the AACC Annual Scientific Meeting brings together clinical lab professionals, physicians, research scientists, and other industry professionals from around the world to cover topics in clinical chemistry, molecular diagnostics, mass spectrometry, lab management, and other areas of progressing laboratory science and medicine. Held in Chicago, IL this year, the Control Freaks are packing our bags and counting down the days to the conference. Below are five reasons why AACC is definitely one of our favorite events of the year.
1. Largest Clinical Lab Expo
AACC’s Clinical Lab Expo is one of the largest you will ever see. With more than 750 companies exhibiting, and showcasing new and enhanced products you’re guaranteed to walk away with a wealth of new knowledge. You will see firsthand breakthrough innovations shaping the future of clinical testing and patient care. While roaming the expo floor be sure to connect one on one with industry leaders to see what solutions are available for the challenges you face in your laboratories. We may be partial but booth #4505 is a can’t miss stop on your way through the expo hall.
Mix and mingle with exhibitors and colleagues throughout the week at various Happy Hours, Coffee Breaks, lectures, and workshops hosted at the Clinical Lab Expo.
2. Enhance your Knowledge
AACC has renowned educational lectures for every interest, from Plenaries featuring world-renowned scientists to intimate Roundtables discussing hot topics like the “Legal Threshold for Cannabis Intoxication While Driving”. Some of our can’t miss sessions during the week include:
- Psychedelics in Medicine: Macroeconomics, Microdoses, and the Laboratory Perception
- Latest Trends in Designer Drugs
- How to Improve the Robustness of Our Current LC-MS/MS Method for Urine Opiates Confirmation
- What’s Wrong with These Results? Effects of Herbal Supplements on Clinical Laboratory Test Results and Patients
AACC also offers ACCENT® and ACCME credit to provide laboratory professionals and physicians continuing education to meet requirements for licensure or certification.
3. Poster Abstracts
A major part of the meeting at AACC are Poster Presentations featuring award-winning abstracts. Posters will be presented in person throughout the week covering a wide breadth of topics including:
- General Clinical Chemistry
- Laboratory Management and Leadership
- Laboratory Stewardship and Patient Safety
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Special Patient Populations
- Toxicology and Therapeutic Drug Monitoring
4. Chicago Must-Do’s
With a packed week of clinical lab mind-blowing growth, you might not have a second to spare to catch in the sight of the Windy City. If you do get some time to sneak away here are some must-do’s:
- Eat Chicago-style pizza (Obvious choice)
- Stand outside one of the world’s tallest buildings at The Ledge, an all-glass balcony at Willis Tower’s Skydeck Chicago
- See Chicago’s most iconic architecture on an architecture boat cruise
- Catch a Cubs Game at the oldest standing National League ballpark
5. Meet the Control Freaks
The Control Freaks will be among the 750 exhibitors sharing innovative new products and services that drive our industry forward. Stop by booth #4505 and to hang with us and other industry Control Freaks! Leave with some cool swag, new friends, and a chance to win a custom JBL speaker. Let us know here if you plan to attend!